|Re: Hudson River rail tunnel project has new name, but same concerns over funding (1162161)|
|Home > SubChat|
Re: Hudson River rail tunnel project has new name, but same concerns over funding
Posted by Joe V on Sat Jun 16 17:58:59 2012, in response to Re: Hudson River rail tunnel project has new name, but same concerns over funding, posted by WillD on Sat Jun 16 17:03:30 2012.< Something a forced subway transfer in the middle of the Meadowlands would have *never* accomplished. >
I don't feel like getting into another subway to Secaucus argument with you but:
1) No one is FORCING a subway transfer int the Meadowlands
2) You fail to recognize transfers in Manhattan as just as obnoxious
3) You fail to realize the subways at Penn Station cannot handle a doubling of NJ commuters
4) You fail to realize that 36 #7 train per hour has far more capacity then 13 NJT trains per hour.
5) You fail to understand that many commuters cannot take NJT trains because of municipal parking issues and limitations
6) You fail to understand that there in not one dime in Gatway for parking decks
7) You fail to understand that NJ is a Home-Rule/NIMBY state and most communities do not want to become the next MetroPark or Hamilton - just ask Ridgewood, Westfield, and Annandale.
8) You fail to understand that the Route 9 buses run in the black and Cruiser buses can achieve break even with just 40 passengers
Mr Willd, you are all engineering, but no clue about markets or practicality.