on Tue Oct 12 13:23:26 2004, in response to o/t: Misconceptions, posted by M15 to South Ferry on Tue Oct 12 13:12:32 2004.
OK, that's good, we appreciate the update.
Now, here are some of the ON TOPIC misconceptions:
- The walls at Grand Street (B,D) conceal additional trackways for the SAS behind them.
- The SIRT South Beach Branch was abandoned to build the Verrazano Bridge.
- The 63rd Street tunnel was not originally intended to connect to the QB line
- BMT numbers were popularly used outside the Sea Beach and Brighton Line
- The R-68 is slow
- It would have been significantly cheaper to reuse the Rockaway ROW than build the Van Wyck El
- NIMBYs are always bad, no matter what the situation, no matter what the reason, no matter what is being opposed.
- A 42nd Street light rail makes sense
- The lower level of 42/8 was built solely for the purpose of blocking a westward extension of the 7.
- Last but the opposite of least:
- 76th Street Station exists