|Work already in progress Re: Full Shutdown of L Train to Be Halted by Cuomo (1498947)|
|Home > SubChat|
Work already in progress Re: Full Shutdown of L Train to Be Halted by Cuomo
Posted by AlM on Sat Jan 5 18:33:29 2019, in response to Full Shutdown of L Train to Be Halted by Cuomo, posted by MTA T on Thu Jan 3 13:03:20 2019.Some observations from 14th street:
- Bike lanes on 12th and 13th have been in for a month. They continue to provide a place for delivery trucks to park without blocking traffic.
- Bus lane markings on 14th were completed about a week or two ago.
- 14th street is extensively torn up from midway between First and A going eastward well east of A, and has been for several months.
- The platforms at the 1 Ave station are untouched, except that plywood walls have been erected making the platforms half width for the 2 east most car lengths. Presumably stairway and elevator work is going on behind the walls.
- For some reason at 5:30 today L trains were running at 4 minute intervals and weren't very full. Most people had seats in both directions.
- The load of people at the station heading to and from Brooklyn was about 25 per train, and 35 to and from 8th Ave. Definitely far less than the weekday load.
- While the trains were pretty empty at 4 minute headways, the same number of people at 20 minute headways wouldn't really fit. But I guess 20 minute headways will help encourage many people to take a different route, like the M.