|Re: Z to Canarsie (1483543)|
|Home > SubChat|
Re: Z to Canarsie
Posted by Michael549 on Fri Aug 10 17:33:40 2018, in response to Re: Z to Canarsie, posted by Nilet on Fri Aug 10 13:30:28 2018.I'm not "missing" Wallyhorse any more!
The original poster is just another in a long line of "transit ideas" that discounts the needs of the riders at the local stations of a basic two-track all local line and to only consider how such a line could be track switched with another line.
It is as if the past two years (and plenty of months) of discussions about the closure of the upcoming Manhattan L-train tunnel never happened.
- Look at the ridership of the L train stations between Bedford Avenue and Broadway Junction? - Check
- Look at the ridership of the L-train stations between Broadway Junction and Canarsie? - Check
- Look at the ridership of the L-train Manhattan stations? - Check
- Look at bus ridership patterns and nearby bus stops and routes at each of the stations between Bedford Avenue and Broadway Junction? - Check
- Did we discuss how the J, M and Z trains would make all local station stops to aid L-train riders and persons transferring from affected bus routes? - Check
- Did we discuss how "out of system" transfers would work? - Check
- Did we discuss transfer station facility issues - especially the transfer between the L-train and G-train? - Check
- Did we discuss the lengthening of the C-train as an aid to the travel experience? - Check
- Did we go over, and over again - all manner of how using a single track operation between Manhattan and Brooklyn would not work for the L-train and its huge amount of riders? - Check
- Did we go over, and over again about how the "simple ideas" that dis-respect the different needs of the almost 400,000 daily riders of the L-line turn out to be not good workable ideas. - Check and Check again.
- Have we as a group looked over the huge variety of concerns over the closing of the 14th Street Tunnel project? Check and Check again.
We done our homework.
(There are no responses to this message.)